Summer is a season that many of us look forward to all year long, but it can also bring its fair share of challenges, particularly when it comes to keeping our homes cool and comfortable. The summer heat is near and can be intense, but with a little bit of preparation, you can ensure that your home is ready to handle the heat and keep you and your family cool and comfortable all season long.
Here are some tips for prepping your home to deal with summer heat:
* Service your air conditioning system: Your air conditioning system is going to be your best friend during the summer months, so make sure it's in good working order. Have a professional come in and service your system before the season starts to make sure it's running efficiently and effectively.
* Install ceiling fans: Ceiling fans are a great way to keep your home cool and reduce your reliance on air conditioning. Install them in rooms where you spend the most time, like your living room and bedrooms, and make sure they're rotating in a counterclockwise direction to create a cooling breeze.
* Keep blinds and curtains closed: Sunlight streaming into your home can quickly turn it into a hotbox. Keep your blinds and curtains closed during the hottest parts of the day to prevent your home from overheating.
* Use lighter bedding: Swap out your heavy winter bedding for lighter fabrics like cotton or linen to keep you cool at night. You can also invest in a cooling pillow to help regulate your body temperature.
* Plant shade trees: Trees provide natural shade and can help keep your home cooler. Consider planting shade trees on the south and west sides of your home to block the sun's rays and keep your home cooler.
* Seal air leaks: Air leaks around windows and doors can let in hot air and make your air conditioning system work harder. Seal any air leaks to keep cool air in and hot air out.
* Cook outside: Cooking inside can generate a lot of heat, so consider firing up the grill and cooking outside instead. This will help keep your home cooler and provide an opportunity for some summer grilling fun.
By taking these steps to prepare you and your home for the summer heat, you can enjoy the season without feeling uncomfortably hot and stuffy inside. Stay cool and enjoy the warm weather!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Texas Heartland Insurance Services
Texas Heartland Insurance Services, LLC
© 2023. All Rights Reserved. The content, logo, slogan & images on this website are owned by Texas Heartland Insurance Services, LLC.
Do not copy any content without expressed written consent.